To deliver a step change in New Zealand’s planning and delivery of infrastructure, its systems and settings, delivered through four main outcomes.
An agreed programme of reforms and initiatives to drive better infrastructure outcomes in the long-term.
- Developing a 30-year Strategy Report, working with Māori as Treaty partners, central and local government, the private sector and other stakeholders
- Building an evidence base.
The construction sector has a clear forward works programme, which the sector can rely on.
- Publishing a reliable Pipeline of planned forward works programmes.
The infrastructure procurement capability of government agencies and the construction sector is improved.
- Supporting procuring agencies in the preparation of business cases
- Supporting market engagement activities
- Bolstering project governance
- Project Support Agreements
- Managing New Zealand’s Public Private Partnership (PPP) Programme.
Decision-makers have a basis for bold reform and policy change, informed by independent, evidence-based recommendations.
- Special Topic Reports.
The whole organisation supports Outcomes 1 – 4, and the teams that work directly to achieve Outcomes 1 – 4 are noted below.