The New Zealand Infrastructure Commission, Te Waihanga is an autonomous Crown entity with a long-term objective to deliver a step change in New Zealand’s planning and delivery of infrastructure, it’s systems and settings. We are responsible to the Minister for Infrastructure and monitored by the Treasury.
In te reo Māori, ‘waihanga’ means a cornerstone, or to make, create, develop, build, construct, or generate. The name Te Waihanga describes our commitment to shaping New Zealand’s future through infrastructure planning and investment.
We are passionate about transforming infrastructure for all New Zealanders and have four main functions that guide our work:
- To coordinate, develop and promote an approach to infrastructure that improves the wellbeing of New Zealanders.
- To improve the certainty of future New Zealand infrastructure projects.
- To lift New Zealand’s infrastructure procurement capability.
- To provide high-quality advice in relation to infrastructure.
What you’ll do
Te Waihanga is tasked with improving the lives of New Zealanders through better infrastructure, and we all play a role in this mission. Our newly created role of IT Advisor will provide effective, efficient, and customer focused IT support and advice to keep Te Waihanga running smoothly.
Key areas of focus for our IT Advisor will be:
- Providing technical support across Te Waihanga (this may be in person or over the phone), responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests, and escalating to third-party providers as required.
- Managing and supporting upgrades and testing new technology.
- Ensuring our storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures work properly.
- Developing and embedding business continuity and disaster recovery plans for Te Waihanga.
- Working with all areas to develop, implement and maintain current and future digital platforms to support delivery.
- Supporting the maintenance of the data team and it ensure it aligns with Te Waitanga’s strategic objectives.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the physical assets of our office. This role will maintain relationships with our external IT suppliers.
Things you'll be proud of
This is a varied role in a growing organisation with a big future. To be a great fit, you’ll be a responsive, technical thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is proud of:
Your qualifications and experience, including:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. information technology, computer science) or experience in this field.
- Prior experience as an IT Systems Advisor or a related role.
- Experience using SharePoint.
- Proven advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
Your broad range of skills and knowledge, including:
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to translate technical jargon into lay terms.
- Good interpersonal skills. You’ll be a team player with a strong customer service ethic.
- Highly self-motivated and directed to achieve results.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage a busy workload and adapt to changing tasks with short notice.
If you are interested in being part of the critically important work Te Waihanga deliver for Aotearoa, please read through the position description on Te Waihanga’s website and get in touch.
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 27th September at 5pm