The New Zealand Infrastructure Commission, Te Waihanga is an autonomous Crown entity with a long-term objective to deliver a step change in New Zealand’s planning and delivery of infrastructure, it’s systems and settings. We are responsible to the Minister for Infrastructure and monitored by the Treasury.
In te reo Māori, ‘waihanga’ means a cornerstone, or to make, create, develop, build, construct, or generate. The name Te Waihanga describes our commitment to shaping New Zealand’s future through infrastructure planning and investment.
We are passionate about transforming infrastructure for all New Zealanders and have four main functions that guide our work:
- To coordinate, develop and promote an approach to infrastructure that improves the wellbeing of New Zealanders.
- To improve the certainty of future New Zealand infrastructure projects.
- To lift New Zealand’s infrastructure procurement capability.
- To provide high-quality advice in relation to infrastructure.
What you’ll do
Te Waihanga is tasked with improving the lives of New Zealanders through better infrastructure, and we all play a role in this mission.
Our newly created role of Senior Digital and Content Advisor will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality content for the Infrastructure Commission website, intranet, social media channels and corporate publications, including coordination of all social media activities, messages and website news stories. Reporting the effectiveness of communications channels and managing the writing, design and publication of printed materials.
Key areas of focus for our Senior Digital and Content Advisor will be:
- Working closely with our Engagement and Digital Manager to oversee and implement our Digital Strategy.
- Assisting with the development and execution of large-scale strategic communications and engagement plans, ensuring Te Waihanga’s website and intranet is an example of best practice, and providing direction and recommendations on emerging trends and provide analysis of web statistics to inform workstream stakeholders.
- Owning social media content strategy, utilising social media analytics to measure performance across all social media and plan engagement contact across all social media channels.
- Producing content for both internal and external communications and providing expertise on all publications and writing from Te Waihanga.
Things you'll be proud of
This is a varied role in a growing organisation with a big future. To be a great fit, you’ll be a media-savvy, strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is proud of:
Your qualifications and experience, including:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in web design and social media management and monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to simplify complex ideas and content without losing meaning.
Your broad range of skills and knowledge, including:
- A friendly, positive personality balanced with calm professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, experience of working in government
- The ability to adapt styles to suit different channels and audiences and a creative attitude to problem solving.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team, across the organisation and with our partner agencies.
If you are interested in being part of the critically important work Te Waihanga deliver for Aotearoa, please read through the position description on Te Waihanga’s website and get in touch.
To apply for this role, please follow the link in the advertisment or email email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 24 September 2021 at 5:00pm.