There’s a good chance you haven’t heard of Te Waihanga. We’re small (but mighty) and haven’t been around long by government standards. But our job is as big as it gets, helping New Zealand get the right infrastructure, whether it’s transport connections that get us from a to b, water and power connections needed to support affordable homes, or schools and hospitals that support our communities.
All this is why we need you. We’re after someone with the communications and engagement nous to help us build our profile, and make sure our advice not only reaches the people who need to hear it, but sounds pretty good too.
To do this, you’ll be a whizz at things like:
- Coming up with plans for how we reach people, and then making them happen.
- Figuring out how to make complex stuff meaningful for people who don’t already work for Te Waihanga.
- Dealing with media. Sometimes they’ll call us, sometimes we’ll have a story to share and will be the ones calling them.
- Giving our people advice on what’s important to share with a wider audience.
- Helping our people gather the views of others whether it’s stakeholders in infrastructure organisations, iwi or the public.
- Writing media releases, webpages and other material in a way that makes people want to read it.
Mō te tīma / About our team
Te Waihanga is what’s called an Autonomous Crown Entity or, even better, an ACE. We think about the whole infrastructure system - roads, waterpipes, powerlines, you name it – and our job is to give advice and uncover the insights that can make it all work as well as it can, supporting an Aotearoa that’s great for the generations to come.
Our people are smart and passionate about this stuff. Sometimes too passionate - hence the need for an expert in making it accessible to others! They’re friendly and, this being a relatively small organisation, it’s easy to work with anyone here and to have an impact. We don’t do hierarchy or stand on ceremony.
We also value our people, and it’s important to us that you feel welcome, supported, and respected.
Tono mai / How to Apply
Please take a look at the job description on our website (https://www.tewaihanga.govt.nz/about-us/vacancies/(external link)) and get in touch. We’d like to hear from you.
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.tewaihanga.govt.nz/about-us/vacancies/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on 5pm, 26 November 2021.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this role.