More than 700 people attending online had the opportunity to ask questions about the proposed revised standard form of contract as its development enters the Consultation phase. The New Zealand Infrastructure Commission, Te Waihanga and the Construction Sector Accord jointly commissioned this extensive revision of the contract with support from many within the sector. This webinar held on 23 May was an opportunity to hear from some of the review committee members on the key proposed changes.
The webinar was facilitated by Alison Murray, Accord Transformation Lead – Client Leadership, and featured speakers from the NZS 3910 Review Committee, including:
- David Wilkie, Executive Director - TSA Management Ltd, Chair of the NZS 3910 Review Committee
- Paul O’Brien, General Manager - Commercial at Dominion Constructors Limited
- Gavin Shaw, Business Director - Construction Advisory Beca Ltd
- Michael Weatherall, Partner - Simpson Grierson
- Paul Buetow, Partner - Dentons Kensington Swan
- John Hemi, Director Construction Productivity - Te Waihanga
- Inge Mauutz-Cooreman, Senior Standards Project Manager - Standards NZ
NZS 3910 provides standard general conditions of contract and schedules for incorporating into a construction contract. It enables Principals and Contractors to quickly establish contractual arrangements that deliver a wide variety of building and civil engineering projects. This review of 3910 is the biggest revision the contract’s had since 1987.
The consultation closes on 30 June 2023. All feedback needs to be submitted through the Standards NZ consultation tool.
NZS 3910 Conditions of contract for building and civil engineering construction (Standards New Zealand)(external link)